Do you know all there is to know about oximetry when making decisions for your patients? Not all oximeters are created equal. Dr. Wesley from HealthEast Medical Transportation shares his thoughts on the importance of a durable oximeter in a pre-hospital environment. We’ve summed it up for you.
1. 脉搏血氧测量的基本知识: a procedure that noninvasively measures the amount of oxygen in the blood, frequently performed in an EMS setting.
2. 脉搏血氧测量法为低灌注及氧合作用提供治疗提示 indicating how sick the patient is.
3. 脉搏血氧测量法为监护提供指引– Too much, or too little oxygen can be harmful depending on the patient's state. A reliable oximeter will show you the O2 level so you can administer oxygen accordingly.
4. 选择合适尺寸的血氧探头 Pediatric vs. adult patients need appropriately sized sensors to obtain accurate diagnostics.
a. Heart to finger – 30 seconds
b. Heart to forehead – 10 seconds
c. Heart to toes – 90 seconds
Cold extremities cause low regional perfusion which could result in a false reading if you do not have the right oximeter.
9. FDA认证的血氧仪性能存在差异Check out this study conducted at Clinimark Laboratories showing the difference in FDA cleared oximeters. Nonin Medical’s device performed above the rest, and is clearly the most reliable out of the oximeters tested.
Using it to guide your care plan can help to ensure the safest and most effective experience for your patients.